Sustainability is becoming more and more important for most of us. This is visible in the purchases, since more environmental friendly products are being bought. Companies are aware of this and this makes green marketing a rapidly growing business. Are all ‘green’ labels and statements truthful? Take a guess. Join us today to learn about sustainable marketing and greenwashing.
- Find out how sustainable marketing is used as business
- Get to know what greenwashing is
- Learn the cues to discover what is green and what not
The term greenwashing was first used in the mid-80’s. Greenwashing is when a company or organization spends more time and money on marketing themselves as environmentally friendly than on minimizing their environmental impact. This marketing trick may cause sustainable businesses to understate their practices while unsustainable businesses exaggerate them.
This activity can be used for the following certificates:
- Energy Academy Certificate
- Energy Transition Challenged