This activity is cancelled due to the new COVID-restrictions. A new date will follow.
An on-site excursion to Groningen Seaports, the port authority for the port of Delfzijl, Eemshaven and the adjoining industrial sites. It is a region with ambitions, the Eemsdelta will be the most important green seaport and industrial region of the northern Netherlands. How are they getting there? And could the world heritage site next door benefit from these developments?
- Find out about the latest developments at Groningen Seaports
- Get to know how Groningen Seaports is building the future
- Learn the importance of collaboration in green innovations
During the excursion, we will look at the chemicals and recycling industry in Delfzijl, which are fully bio-based. But there is more, like the latest plastic soup technology, worlds first lignin road, the creation of new habitat for underwater nature and of course extensive energy production.
We will leave at 13:00 from Groningen central station and return there between 17:30 and 18:00.
This activity can be used for the following certificates:
- Energy Academy Certificate
- Energy Transition Challenged
- Northern Energy Region